Sobaz Nigeria Limited is a leading independent marketer of petroleum product company with its head office in Nigeria. Our main areas of specialization includes retails of petroleum products, maritime services (petroleum), transport services, and equipment sales and leasing services to public and private organizations.
- The Safety Manager will provide advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations, you will also be on a constant lookout for violations. The ideal candidate will also be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies.
- Strong analytical and communication skills must have traits.
- Reporting line to the General Manager, Operations.
- Ensure total compliance to all safety requirements.
- Plan and coordinate toolbox talk and inductions.
- Participate in planning meetings to identify any health and safety concerns inherent in the operations daily work-plan.
- Ensure preparation and implementation of Site Safety and Health Plan (SSHP).
- Daily inspection of the workshop and the company premises to ensure a hazard-free environment.
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
- Enforcing safety guidelines and programs.
- Plan and co-ordinate weekly safety sessions.
- Carrying out exercises on managing emergency situations
- Conducting investigations on accidents
- Verifying that all safety reports are submitted.
- B.Sc. or its equivalent in any relevant Science or Engineering degree.
- Minimum of 5years’ work-related experience in oil and gas, manufacturing, construction, Offshore/onshore sectors.
- NEBOSH, ISPON or IOSH certification is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2021.